Response and Reflection – Music and Remix in the Classroom Chapter 2 and 3 Written by Erik Jacobson
- What are your main insights and ideas from the given reading?
Remix music is when you take existing music and add to it. The original version can still be recognized but there new additions that take the work to a new level. The reading explores the benefits of this type of creation and how specifically how it can be used in the classroom.
- What unique terminology, jargon, buzzwords, and other concepts appear in this reading that will require your careful attention and definition? What are your interpretations of these words and concepts?
Remixed music adds “samples” to new and existing music. The word sample is being used as a bit of music that is being added to the original version. The samples that are added can be dispersed throughout the song and at the musicians wishes.
- How does this reading challenge/expand/contradict your definition of (digital) storytelling?
The availability of cheaper software to manipulate songs puts the power of creativity back in regular people’s hands. Teachers can offer this new technology to students which helps expand the concept of Digital Story Telling.
- Having engaged this reading, what are you now curious about?
I am found the article to be interesting and engaging. I had never thought about remixed music and how it can be integrated into the classroom. I am curious how I could develop lesson around the Design Cycle and how this would support many students natural curiosity about making music.
- What questions are you asking, particularly about (digital) storytelling?
If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many words is a short video clip that is well made worth?
- What additional scholarship, popular media, teaching resources, or other media are related to your developing understanding of both (digital) storytelling and this reading?
I wonder how video making software could be integrated with remixed music to make the students experience even richer.
EDM Party Mash Up Music – Mix 2016 – Enjoy! 🙂 … Melbourne Bounce Dance Charts Mix 2016. … Best …
The best online DJ app to mix SoundCloud music and Youtube videos for FREE! Powered by the … higher (alexey union & dj morricone remix). 5:27. joe stone.