Response to Course Reading – Ch 5 from Digital Storytelling by Joe Lambert, “The 7 Steps to Digital Storytelling”
- What are your main insights and ideas from the given reading? There are steps and processes that need to be taken to successfully tell a digital story. Digital Story tellers must find their voice and be willing to share information and own their emotions. The story should take the audience through a process of change, and the story teller must be willing to share how it changed their life, and possible other peoples lives as well.
- How does this reading challenge/expand/contradict your definition of (digital) storytelling? I think the chapter expands the definition of Digital Story teller, because it integrates in the sounds, images and text and how all of these attributes are necessary to successfully complete a digital story.
- Having engaged this reading, what are you now curious about? I am curious how I am going to put together my digital story, or at least I am interested to see what I come up with.
- What questions are you asking, particularly about (digital) storytelling? What life changing moment have I had in my life that will show a metamorphosis in my life? Perhaps the story of my daughter being born, and how she has changed my life for the better?
- What additional scholarship, popular media, teaching resources, or other media are related to your developing understanding of both (digital) storytelling and this reading?